Monday 3 October 2011

The Bippolo Seed and Other Lost Stories by Dr Seuss

The Bippolo Seed the new Dr Seuss book
 
This book was only published on 29th September 2011. It costs £10.99.

(Note from Bingo's Ma: It's the first new book from Dr Seuss in 20 years. The stories in this book were last published in magazines in the early fifties, and not since.)

There are seven stories in this book. My favourite one is Gustav the goldfish and the Bippolo Seed. There are lots of strange words like an ikka, wild wheef and a nupper. It's probably become one of my favourite Dr Seuss books.

An interesting thing: Dr Seuss's real name is Theodor Geisel and his first book 'And to think I saw it on Mulberry Street' was turned down by publishers 27 times before he got a deal. He has now sold over 600 million books which teaches you that even if some people reject you you should still go on!

2 comments:

  1. I love the strange names Dr.Suess gives things... We have some of his books and also some of his iPad apps. I'll look forward to reading the Bippolo Seed with Stefano & Riccardo.
    I must order this book right away. We love Dr.Seuss in our house. I was unawae that this book had been published so "Thank you!". Mandi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mandi!

    Let me know what Stefano and Riccardo think of it.

    Love Bingo x

    ReplyDelete